Departures planned everyday at 8:30
Prices: 100 € per adults – 95€ per children under 12
Check for available posts in our calendar
Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec 2021 2022 2023 2024 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 20 20 21 20 22 20 23 20 24 17 25 20 26 20 27 20 28 20 29 20 30 20 31 18
Call our number: +393455741330 or send us an email to: [email protected]
Everyday at Guide Vulcanologiche Etna Nord office at Piano Provenzana,1800 mt
Departures planned from Piano Provenzana everyday at 8:30 with the help of the 4×4 jeeps that will go up along the panoramic street that goes up to the northern side of the Etna, through ancient craters and recent lava flows till a height of 2965 mt. Then it will start the ascent by walk on a path surrounded by volcanic bombs and scoria. The total uphill is of 400 mt, till we will reach the Central Crater at a height of 3300 mt, where we will stop to admire the greatness,the uniqueness and the processes of this extraordinary volcanic environment, combined with the spectacle of the panorama that can be enjoyed from the roof of Sicily (the visibility could change according to the weather or volcanic conditions). The downhill will be made along the same path used at the moment of the ascent, while the last part will be made inside little channels constituted by soft and friable volcanic scoria, on which you can walk easily without any problem adopting the necessary precautions, till a height of 2965 mt where we will find the means of transport for the trip back to Piano Provenzana.
Included in the price (100€ per person):
- Authorized Volcanological Guide
- Jeep 4 × 4 (round trip) from an altitude of 1800 m. at an altitude of 2800 m.t.
- Trekking poles
- Protective helmets
- Accident insurance
- Bottled water
- Trekking shoes
- K-way (rain jacket)
- Parking ticket
Meeting at the office “Guide Vulcanologiche Etna Nord”, at Piano Provenzana,1800 mt at 7:45.
Departures planned everyday at: 8:30.
Ascent with 4×4 jeeps from Piano Provenzana.
Arrival at a height of 2965 mt.
Start of the trekking trail till the Summit Craters of the Etna at 3300 mt.
Downhill on ground made by sand and scoria.
Trip back with 4×4 jeeps from a height of 2965 mt to Piano Provenzana at 1800 mt.
Total time of the trekking trail: 3/4 hours
Total kilometres: 6,5 (it may vary)
Maximum altitude reached: 3300 mt.
Minimum altitude reached: 2965 mt.
Total climb uphill: 400 mt (it may vary)
Total climb downhill: 400 mt (it may vary)
Difficulty: E (Excursionists)
- Layered outfit (short sleeved t-shirt, long sleeved or thermal t-shirt) – (it may vary according to the season)
- Trekking shoes Windbreaker or quilted jacket
- Hat and gloves (according to the temperature)
- Water – minimum 1,5 L
- Possibility of renting shoes/jackets on site.
- Trekking sticks
- K-way (rainproof jacket)
- Backpack 25/30 L
- Lip balm
- Extra socks
- Long pants
- Rainproof jacket
- Extra t-shirt
- Handkerchief or bandana (to protect yourself from the dust or the volcanic gases)
- Trekking is not recommended for those who does not do physical activity regularly.
- The excursion requires a good preparation on a physical level. Because of it results to be a high height path, it would be easy to experience symptoms of fatigue.
- It is required also to be careful, since it is volcanic soil, often inconsistent and unstable.
- The excursion could be subjected to variations at the discretion of the Guides, or it could be interrupted in case of changes of the environmental, climatic or volcanic conditions, so as to undermine the safety of the entire group.
- The total time of the trekking trail will depends on the general pace.
- The excursion will be carried out according to the limits laid down by the ordinance in force.
- The route is also suited for children over 6 years old.
- The route consists of the ascent and the walking along the crater edges, this may cause dizziness to susceptible individuals.
- This type of itinerary, in relation to the type, is suited to people in good physical health, not suffering from particular disease (it is strongly discouraged to those who suffer from cardio-vascular problems, breathing problems or hypertension).
- We recommend not to use contact lens, because of the exhaled volcanic gases and of ash. This last one could easily cause problems, if pushed.
- Pregnant women who have passed the third month of pregnancy are not allowed to take part to any excursion activity.
- For the success of the excursion and for its correct carrying out, it’s good to know perfectly your health conditions and, if necessary, let the Guides know about them, in order to reduce the occurrence of any problem and to avoid any risks.
Guide Vulcanologiche Etna Nord
Email: [email protected]
Facebook: Guide Vulcanologiche Etna Nord
Via Provenzana, 35, Ufficio Guide Vulcanologiche Etna Nord, 95015 Linguaglossa CT
Tel: +39 3455741330
© Volcanological Guides Etna Nord – Law 22 April 1941, n. 633
Protection of copyright and other rights related to its exercise.
Our group is composed of Guides belonging to the Regional College of Alpine and Volcanological Guides of Sicily, the Italian law provides that these professional figures are the only ones qualified to lead groups in active volcanoes’ areas and throughout the island territory
(Framework Law of 2 January 1989, n° 6 and Regional Law of 6 April 1996).